Welcome to foreign companies

For businesses, the decision to set up a business in France is an important one. Beside the real opportunities that France offers in terms of market, activities and skills, the sort of questions commonly asked are : What kind of paperwork and other steps do I need to complete in order to set up a business or hire employees ? What services am I entitled to ? Why do I need to pay contributions and to whom ? Do I have to provide an employer pension contribution ? Do I have to provide any benefits ?

With this website mycompanyinfrance.fr, you will be helped step by step, to set up your business, to understand the social security system and costs, to hire you employees and pay them.


Are you a non-French undertaking with no establishment in France and employing one or more employees in France?
Are you a non-French national employing domestic or private staff in France?

These employees must be registered with the French social security scheme and you must finance their social protection by declaring and paying the corresponding contributions.
The Urssaf department of foreign companies is your contact for handling your administrative procedures.

The Urssaf department of foreign companies fulfils the same role as the CFE and collects social contributions from:

  • Non-French undertakings with no establishment in France which employ one or more employees in France ;
  • Those undertakings falling within the scope of application of Regulation EEC 883/2004 and Regulation EEC 987/2009 regarding the situation of employees with multiple activities, according to the situations regarding criteria for residence or substantial activity, including performing artistes ;
  • Cases where applications to maintain cover under the social scheme of the country of origin (secondment*) have been rejected as being not valid.

More informations : foreign-companies.urssaf.eu



Centre de formalités des entreprises. Dans un souci de simplification, le CFE est remplacé depuis le 1er janvier 2023 par le guichet unique auprès duquel les entreprises souscrivent désormais par voie dématérialisée les déclarations obligatoires (création, modification ou cessation).